Monday, May 29, 2017

new comp! - Tahaa

Ia Orana i te utuafare ta'u!! Ua here vau outou.  Here roa.

This week was great.

We planted vanilla plants last p day!  It was super fun to do some manual labor with all the spiritual labor goin on.  Taha'a is the "île de vanille" so it's everywhere.  It's apparently super expensive and hard to grow, but smells really good. 

Elder Barlow is gone!! He's on Tahiti now.  He will be missed.  My new comps name is Elder Murdock! He's been out the same amount of time as Barlow, only 3 months left on a mission.  He's super cool, played soccer in HS, and is really good with people.  I'm excited to learn and teach with him.  He's "coaching" me.  That means that I'm officially the sr. companion, but he's there to help me if I need.  I'm also the District leader now, so that means I am officially the King of Taha'a.  

We took a wonderful boat ride through turquoise green blue water the other day.  Most gorgeous experience of my life.  You could see like 10 ft under water clearly to the white sand.  I'm so lucky.

Haha so Elder Murdock broke Elder Barlow's bike our first day here lol.  It was pretty beaten up, and one of the big hills did it in.  It's okay though cause Barlow has a car in his new sector.  We will wait patiently until Murdock's bike arrives.  

Spiritual thought!!

One of my favorite scriptures is obviously Matthew 22:36-40.  Where Jesus explains the greatest 2 commandments are to love God, and others.  If we can get to the point where we can love God and others perfectly, our lives will be awesome.  I love the way Jesus phrases it, he says "thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself".  And I believe we should love our neighbors more than ourselves, and think of others first.  But I think maybe what Christ meant, was that we should look at life from the other person's point of view, and pretend we are in their situation.  That's a wonderful first step to learning to love them- Learning to understand them.

I love you all!

Have a great week
atl
Elder Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment