Monday, January 30, 2017

Day 172 - Tahaa

Hello my fellow brothers and sisters.  How go you this fine day?

We are having a nice emailing/ pianoing session rn, and will then return to the house to clean, because there a millions of lizards (who eat all the spiders(who eat all the mosquitoes(who eat us))) that poop on everything. I have successfully ant prooffed our house tho, using a large can of OFF! spray.  Somehow it works hahaha.

Abandoned fashion this week haha.  It's too hard to try to look fancy when there's always dirt and sweat everywhere.  

I'll never get over how insanely gorgeous this island is.  Sometimes we're biking and I just have to pull over to take in the view.  I'm very blessed.

People are way too generous.  The Lord is just throwing us blessings out of the sky.  Free haircuts, free food all the time, one woman brought us two huge bags of groceries one morning for no reason. I LOVE PEOPLE.

The new goal is to make people cry during lessons.  We're getting pretty good.  (Meaning the spirit is really good) #gottastayhumble

Found an old guy jamming some jazz guitar the other day, so we had a nice chat about music and religion and such.  The mission is the greatest thing ever.

SO turns out you can get fat while biking like 2 hours a day.  Just eat insane amounts of calories! Haha we might die from how much food we eat honestly.  And the fact that people keep giving it to us free doesn't help.  We were hungry for lunch one day, and thought "should we go get lunch or just trust that someone's gonna give us food again?" and I'm like "nah let's just get lunch".  And so we ate.  And then after our next lesson, the investigator's like "Oh ya I made you food", and pulls out: a huge chocolate cake, a banana pie, 2 big bottles of soda, and a bowl of chips.  I almost died.  It was so hard to eat hahaha.  I think I need to stop praying for energy.  

Gave a talk in church yesterday! I think my French is good enough now for everyone to understand completely.  I hope.  T'was about faith.  Maybe I'lll talk about it next week.

Song of the day #172 that I can't listen to is "silhouettes" by colony house. Go give a listen and dance around for me.

Spiritual thought!
I've decided that the spirit is like magic.  Does anyone remember in the 6th harry potter, Harry drinks some fancy "luck" potion, and he immediatly has some crazy idea to visit Hagrid even though that has nothing to do with their quest.  But somehow visiting Hagrid put them in exactly the right place at the right time to keep moving on with the quest.  That's like the spirit and missionary work/life.  So many times we have little thoughts to do things that make no sense, but if it's the spirit we'd better listen.  Cause God's the only one who knows how it's all gonna play out in the end. And everytime we follow it, miracles happen. That's why it's so important to keep the commandments/ take the sacrament etc.  So we will always have the spirit to tell us what we need to do.  It's awesome to know that God's there for us to help us out in this crazy little thing called life.

atl

Elder Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment