Monday, January 9, 2017

I'm leaving Tahiti. :(

Bad news and good news.

Bad news, I'm leaving Tahiti.

Good news, I'M HEADED TO THE ISLANDS BABY!!

Haha got the news a few days ago.  I'll be heading to an island called Tahaa, and it. sounds. amazing.  It's right next to Bora Bora, like you can see Bora from Tahaa.  So I'm expecting paradise lol.  Should be a nice switch up from Papeete, cause I was, in fact, hoping to see beaches and such during my two years as a Tahitian.  Oh, speaking of, they speak mostly Tahitian over there apparently, so that'll be great.  5 months and I'm finally starting to feel good with French, and now I gotta start all over again hahaha.  But I'll get it eventually.  My new companion is an American who is taller than I am, and I feel like we'll get along.  Haha I'm really excited.  This island is apparently really tough, both with the work, and with how much biking uphill we will do.  But I'm determined to get the Lord's work DONE!  If we get 100 baptisms with Bora Bora we will form a STAKE on Bora Bora!! SO COOL.

IT WAS SO HARD TO SAY GOODBYE TO EVERYONE.  Goodness it was like leaving home all over again!  Our amazing amis who have made such awesome progress in changing and improving their lives.  I love them all so much ahhhhhh. It was difficult to say goodbye.  Probs the hardest was an ami named Jean, who is just such a stud.  He's a crazy good boxer and just a quality guy.  When we said goodbye he offered to give me his ukulele haha!  I was tempted, but I love him too much and he does enjoy his ukulele.  The people here are amazing.  So stoked to meet more in Tahaa.

In other news, saw the literal biggest spider of my life the other day.  Unreasonable.

I'll send lots of pics soon, ya'll are the greatest.

All the loves,

Elder Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment