Monday, July 30, 2018

A tamaa Elder ma!!! - Papenoo

This week has been wonderful! Parlons-en! @elder kerr

Things are great here in Papenoo.  We've been really blessed to find people to teach, and I can see the Lord's hand working with us.  

This Sunday we show up to church and like NONE of our investigators were there. Like not even some that have come since months ago.  Also English is getting rough it took me a solid while to figure out how to say that last sentence. ANYWAYS I was so ticked haha and I was like "why Heavenly Father? We prayed so much and did everything to get these people to church and there's less people than ever here!"  But after working for a little I realized it was just the humility boost I needed, and then we had an awesome awesome night! We went back to that one girls house that I mentioned in the last email and she was all ready and we saw that her parents were there! So we talked to them and they were so so chill and we did a little introduction and they accepted to sit in on the lesson! We then had SUCH a good discussion about life, life after death, the temple, eternal families and so much more.  They asked such great questions too! We have a family night fixed with them in like 2 hours!  
Its amazing to see how the Lord prepares people! But I'm mad cause I feel like I find "the golden family" every time just right before Im supposed to leave! AHHH

We ate with an awesome family last night too and their non member old french friend was there too!  He's been married to his member wife for over thirty years, and read the Book of Mormon several times but still hasn't been converted!  I laughed with him about that cause I always thought that it must be impossible to not feel the spirit so strong when reading the Book of Mormon. But then I asked him if he had  PRAYED after he had read it.  And he got really quiet and his family called him out haha.  THE TRUTH IS- God will ALWAYS ALWAYS respond to your prayers if you ask!  But you have to want to know.  You have to want to know that He's there, that His church is on the earth, and that He has a plan for you.  He won't force you, but He sure will invite you. 
At the end of the soiree I was going to share a spiritual thought and I reached for my scriptures, right when the french guy calls me out by saying "isnt a thought in your head? Why do you need your book?"  He was joking of course but it inspired me to share my testimony for my thought. And dangit I totally started tearing up and I felt like a baby.  But I do know that the church is true and that our Heavenly Father loves us.  He never stops working to get us on the right path, because the path leads home to HIM.  I am so grateful for everything He has taught me, especially in these last two years.  

ALL THE LOVES

Elder Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment