Monday, September 18, 2017

20ieme anniversaire du Pieu de Faa'a! - Papeete

Cette semaine a été remplie de fun! Parlons-en! @elderkerr

We painted the sister missionaries' house this week!  We chipped off all of the less white paint and it looked like snow and I miss christmas.  Then we painted and it was great.  I could paint after the mish.  THe only problem was that we didn't really cover the ground that well and we used the furniture as a way to reach up high so now the sisters' house has a fantastic paintjob but the rest of it is trashed with white speckles.  Oh well.  

It was the 20th b day of the stake of FAAA where I am rn.  This whole week had tons of activites.  

But the coolest was friday and saturdayFriday was the Heiva.  Which is the Tahitian cultural dance festival.  So cool haha.  I think the best part are the drums.  They have so many little creative drums and it sounds so intense.

Saturday we had the Tuaro Maohi which is the tahitian games competition.  The games included getting coconut milk out of cocos, running with heavy bannana/ uru sticks, picking up extremely heavy rocks, and pyrog racing.  Then we had Ma'a Tahiti ( tahitian food) and it was a good day.  

Also I send my deepest consolences for all you in Utah who are now suffering cold weather.  And no the seasons don't really change here.  But soon it'll get a little hotter and rain some more. 

Also sorry I had no time to email anyone, today is busy but I love you.

Spiritual thought!
I had a little revelation this week.  Sometimes when I'm working/praying my hardest, we have no success in our sector.  ANd sometimes when I'm not working/praying my hardest, I have lots of success for a week or two.  ANd I was like why tho???  And I realized that it's true, today's work brings tomorrow's blessings.  And we can't ever get casual or take our blessings for granted.  If God decides to reward us for our efforts, we should thank Him by continuing to work hard.  If we stop pushing ourselves to be better God will have to remind us just how much we rely on Him.  And we will be humbled by force haha.  So it's better to just always remember our merciful Father in Heaven who loves us so much and things will go much smoother. 
ATL

Elder Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment