Monday, August 21, 2017

Mission - Papeete

I love missionary work.  Sometimes it's really hard and you get humbled right down to the dust of the earth.  But I am so grateful for it.  I don't know where or what I'd be without this year as a missionary, and I hope to continue to change.  My companion is a stud muffin, haha he just gives random comments out of nowhere like "man I'm so grateful to have English as my native language".  Cause it's a hard one to learn and very useful haha!

I keep forgetting things that happen, so I'm sorry if my letters aren't that exciting haha.  (but yes don't worry mom I write them down in my journal)

I had a brand new missionary with me for his first 2 days of birth, while he waited for his flight to the Marquisian islands.  It was pretty fun.  Haha it was fun to have 2 sons for a while. So much missionary spirit/awkwardness lol.  He broke his no soda streak 3 days short of a year, cause a member offered us some, and he couldn't bear the thought of refusing food on his mission! Hahaha that's what I'm talking about!

I love the gospel.  I love learning/ living faith and repentance everyday.  It's sometimes super hard, but so insanely worth it.  I know that Christ lives, and that He is the way.  I'm grateful for what I've learned in this overly humid country.  Que Dieu vous bénisse. Je vous aime. 

Elder Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment