Monday, June 12, 2017

Je vais à Angleterre - Tahaa

This week was great!! Like super duper, really.

Unfortunately Miri never came back.  Miri was a kitten that showed up at our house a week ago.  We fed him.  Gave him milk to drink. And gave him a shower.  He didn't like the shower. But he was so soft afterward.  We made it a daily activity because he got himself pretty dirty.  One morning we left to the bakery and when we came back he was gone. Never to be seen again.  Pray for Miri.

One of our amis got Elder Barlow (ex comp) a 12 string ukulele haha and I've been playing it until we give it to him.  Super cool lookin.  

The work is so awesome right now!  Like man.  We fixed the baptism of someone, another lady wants to be baptized, and we started teaching an awesome family of 4.  All so potential.  

The family is so awesome.  We literally taught the dad to pray yesterday.  He'd never done a personal prayer before in his life.  He was so nervous and then gave the most sincere prayer I've ever heard in my life.  The spirit was so strong and we sat in silence for like 2 mins.  Then he broke down and told us his life story and how he has already found so much joy and desire to live from hearing about The Savior and that there really is a purpose to this life.  I will never forget that experience.

We also got to play pool with that family cause they're I think the only ones in French Polynesia with a billiards table.  

Thursday was the craziest day ever.  The whole day I could not focus at all and my brain was going crazy.  I was super tired and "fiu" but kept on going.  And I for sure saw the blessings that night.  We did a lesson with a lady that we just started teaching and explained how baptism works (by priesthood authority and by immersion) and she was like "oooooh okay.  Ya I'll get baptized into ur guy's church.  I wanna make sure my repentance is valid." Like ???? WHAT!  Hahaha NO ONE understands it that well normally.  She just has an amazing understanding of the Gospel and is willing to make sacrifices to follow God's will.  That is a real example of faith.

Unfortunately I will be transferred this Wednesday back to Tahiti.  I will be senior comp, which will be cool, to Elder Hobbs, from England.  I'm sure many adventures await. "J'irai ou tu veux que je sois Seigneur"

Mosiah 3:19 

Savior Redeemer of My Soul- 

"Chasten my soul, til I shall be
In perfect harmony, with Thee.
Make me more worthy of Thy love,
And fit me for the life above"

<3 <3 <3
ATL

Elder Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment